No one can resist the charismatic allure of a tennis bracelet. The charm of a single line of identical diamonds wins the hearts of the wearer and the onlooker. For a jewel that is a kaleidoscope of diamonds, not even a single stone must lose its brilliance.
If you're a proud owner of a tennis bracelet, you must ensure that your tennis bracelet stays sparkling. Even though it's durable jewellery, it requires care just like all diamond jewellery.
Step-by-Step Guide to Safely Clean Your Diamond Tennis Bracelet
To make things simple for you, we bring you a step-by-step guide on how to clean a diamond tennis bracelet.
Step 1: Grab a small clean bowl from your kitchen. Fill it up with lukewarm water. Add a few drops of mild liquid soap. Stir the solution till it forms bubbles.
Pro tip: There are multiple jewellery cleaning solutions available in the market. So, instead of using standard dish soap, go for a cleanser that is specially designed to clean jewellery.
Step 2: Put your bracelet in the solution, and let it soak in there for a good 20 minutes. Use your fingers to stir the solution containing the jewellery. This will free the tough residue that must have settled on it.
Step 3: If the bracelet has caught dirt, take a soft bristled toothbrush, and gently scrub it on the edges. Once you’re satisfied with the cleaning, put it back in the bowl. Let it rinse for 10 more minutes.
Step 4: After this, you can remove the bracelet from the solution. Pat it dry with an unused microfibre cloth. Make sure to wipe it very delicately and deftly.
Pro tip: Never let your diamond bracelet air dry, as it can leave behind stains.
Step 5: Once the washing is complete, pour the soapy mixture through a mesh sieve. This will capture any loose diamonds that could have fallen out during the cleaning. You can get them re-attached by a professional later.
Precautions and Best Practices for Maintaining Diamond Tennis Bracelets
1. Use a fragrance-free washing-up liquid, as it might have a tarnishing effect on the jewellery. For that matter, avoid keeping perfume, lotion or anything that has a fragrance near your jewellery.
2. It is best if you take your bracelet off before showering, as the chemicals in your bathing products can cause tarnishing. So before every shower, take it off, and keep it in some place safe.
3. To protect them from scratching or tangling, store your diamond tennis bracelet separately from other jewellery items. Use soft pouches or compartments within your jewellery box.
Avoiding Common Mistakes When Cleaning Your Diamond Tennis Bracelet
1. A very common and also a very expensive mistake (could cost you an arm and leg!) and also completely avoidable. Never wash a tennis diamond bracelet in or near a sink. It could slip from your hands, and slide into the drain. So better safe than sorry!
2. Don’t make use of harmful substances like toothpaste, baking soda, bleach, and chlorine for cleaning the bracelet. They contain abrasive chemicals that can corrode the diamonds.
3. Avoid touching the diamonds as much as possible. Handle the bracelet through its closure. The oils of your fingers get deposited on the diamonds and make them appear cloudy.
How do you deep clean a tennis bracelet?
You can deep clean your bracelet by immersing it in a cleansing solution. Just make sure it isn't too harsh. Try to submerge your jewellery and let it sit for approximately 20 minutes. Take the bracelet out of the cleaning solution and give it a good wash with a new toothbrush. Pat it dry with a clean unused cloth.
Can you wear a tennis bracelet 24*7?
Tennis bracelets are all about the minimalistic charm. They are lightweight, easy to carry, and versatile. So, yes, you can wear tennis bracelets 24*7, although, with certain exceptions. Remove the diamonds before taking a shower, cooking, sleeping, or engaging in any other activity that could put them under stress or expose them to harsh chemicals.
How often do you clean tennis bracelets?
Ideally, you should be cleaning your tennis bracelet after every wear. Just wipe it with a soft clean cloth to remove all the oils and dirt. If you're wearing it regularly, it is advised that you deep clean it with water and liquid soap solution at least once a week.