Every diamond tells a story. In the glittery world of gemstones, no story is as eye-catching as that of the old European cut diamond. These are precious stones bearing the imprints of a gifted artisan’s hand and heart. Each cut tells a tale of patience, vision, and skill.
These diamonds were crafted in the pre-technology era when each cut was made by hand, making every single old European Cut Diamond one-of-a-kind. These cuts, popular from the 1890s to the 1930s, are known for their distinct round but slightly off-center shape, an open culet, and a striking 'flower-like' pattern. When viewed from the top, they shine like a star in the night sky.
What makes the Old European Cut Diamonds so valuable?
Apart from the fact that you're investing in a keepsake of the past, the distinct features of the old European cut are what makes these diamonds so coveted.
- The table surface of these diamonds enhances its capacity to reflect light, giving the stone a vibrant sheen that's hard to miss.
- These diamonds feature a significant number of facets – one of the highest among all diamond cuts. And as any gem enthusiast can tell you- the more facets, the more the sparkle!
- The facets on these diamonds are not only plentiful but also large. In fact, the Old European cut is known for its unique trinity of round, triangular, and arrow-shaped This trio of facets combines to create a truly distinctive aesthetic.
- Made before the advent of precision technology, each stone was hand-cut, resulting in a one-of-a-kind work of art. It is the uniqueness of these diamonds that heightens their Values.
- Their structure is specifically designed to maximize the refraction of light. The diamonds have facets with a 45-50° curve that directs light toward the girdle, magnifying the stone's natural sparkle.
- These diamonds have a deep pavilion and an open culet, a characteristic trait of the old European cut. This not only creates the 'flower-like' pattern when viewed from above but also adds depth and character to the gem.
- Finally, the supreme clarity of these diamonds cannot be ignored. Their structure presents a clear and transparent appearance, adding to their pristine beauty.
The Popularity of Old European Cut Diamonds in Contemporary Times
Even almost a century after their creation, Old European Cut diamonds continue to enchant jewelry lovers. It's no surprise that high-profile celebrities such as Miley Cyrus, Scarlett Johansson, Mary-Kate Olsen, and Olivia Wilde have flaunted these vintage treasures.
Most mostly in a round shape, the Old European Cut diamond complements an array of jewelry pieces splendidly. It fits perfectly in promise rings, necklaces, bangles, and bracelets. But, it shines exceptionally well as engagement rings.
With its classic look, this diamond is a favorite among couples wishing to express their eternal love. The bright sparkle and unique charm of this vintage diamond ring add a touch of elegance. It combines vintage style with modern flair. Simply put, it's more than just a ring; it's a symbol of love that stands the test of time.
Is the Old European Cut Diamond Your Perfect Match?
If you're someone who is drawn to the charm of the old world, who appreciates handcrafted artistry, and most importantly, who possesses exquisite taste and an eye for detail, the Old European Cut diamond might just be the gem you're looking for!
So shine bright with the Old European Cut diamond – a gem that's truly in a league of its own.